You searched for the BEST Christmas activities for preschoolers, and you found us! This is a collection is nothing but Christmas activities tailored specifically for preschoolers.
At Stay At Home Educator, we’ve curated a variety of engaging and age-appropriate holiday-themed activities that will keep your little ones entertained while celebrating the festive spirit of Christmas.
This is the BIG list of of creative, joyful, and skill-building activities that will bring the magic of Christmas to life for your little learners.
As the holiday season approaches, engaging in Christmas activities with preschoolers is a delightful way to create lasting memories and instill a sense of wonder.
From festive Christmas process art and sensory play to gingerbread-themed learning games, our curated list covers a wide range of activities that cater to various interests and developmental stages.
These activities are not only entertaining but also offer valuable opportunities for skill development, including fine motor skills, creativity, and cognitive growth.
In fact, try our Christmas printable packs, a special collection of 12 engaging literacy and 12 interactive math activities designed specifically for preschoolers.
Christmas Activities for Preschoolers
Our collection of Christmas preschool activities is a time-saving and hassle-free solution for educators and parents alike.
With a wide array of activities that cover both literacy and math skills, you’ll have a comprehensive resource at your fingertips, reducing the need for extensive lesson planning.
Christmas Sensory Bins
Christmas sensory activities provide young learners with a hands-on ways to explore the holiday season through their senses, creating memorable and immersive experiences.
- Super Quiet Christmas Sensory Bin
- Red & Green Pasta Sensory Bin
- Pine Bough Sensory Painting
- Borax Free Christmas Slime for Sensory Play
- Gift Wrapping Sensory Activity
Christmas Math Activities
Christmas math activities make learning numbers and counting a festive and enjoyable experience for preschoolers during the holiday season. Try some of these Christmas preschool math activities.
- 5 Little Gingerbread Men Counting Song
- Christmas Cookie Cutter Counting Fun
- Elf Roll & Cover Mats
- Christmas Tree Color Sorting Cards
- Christmas Wreath Addition Mat
- Christmas Tree Counting Cards
- Santa Ten Frame Counting Cards
- Santa Math Activities
- Gingerbread Man Color Sorting Cards
- Christmas Buttons STEM Play
- Jingle Bell STEM Play
Christmas Literacy Activities
Christmas literacy activities provide preschoolers with an engaging educational experience as they foster early reading skills like letter recognition and beginning sound knowledge.
These are some of our favorite preschool literacy activities for Christmas.
- Prewriting Cards for Christmas
- Christmas Lights Letter Matching
- Christmas Theme Missing Letter Activity
- Beginning Sound Christmas Tree Puzzles
- “I Can Give” Predictable Chart Activity
- 6 Gingerbread Man Alphabet Activities
- Christmas Prewriting Center
- 25 Christmas Books About Christ
- DIY Felt Nativity with Free Template
Christmas Art for Preschoolers
Christmas process art encourages young artists to explore their creativity and fine motor skills while crafting unique holiday-themed masterpieces. Check out these festive Christmas art ideas for preschool.
- Watercolor Christmas Ornaments
- Feather Bauble Christmas Ornaments
- Christmas Scissor Cutting Craft
- Fine Motor Christmas Process Art
- Paper Plate Christmas Wreaths
- Sparkly Christmas Paintings
- Fine Motor Christmas Art
- Epsom Salt Paintings
- Christmas Cookie Cutter Art
Playdough is an amazing sensory experience for preschoolers around the holidays because of all the wonderful aromas that smell like Christmas. From spices like nutmeg and clove to herbs like peppermint, we like to use them to make scented playdough.
- Peppermint Playdough Recipe
- Pure White Playdough Recipe
- Edible Gingerbread Playdough
- Iconic Scenes Christmas Playdough Mats
Christmas Games for Preschoolers
Christmas games for preschoolers offer a fun way to build holiday-themed problem-solving and teamwork skills, ensuring a season of fun and learning. Try these games.
Christmas Lesson Plans for Preschoolers
Preschool Christmas lesson plans provide teachers with structured and engaging activities to teach various skills, ensuring that preschoolers learn while enjoying the holiday spirit through a range of carefully designed lessons.
Lesson plans need not be limited to the overarching theme of Christmas, either. Try some of these free weekly preschool lesson plans.
- Christmas Preschool Lesson Plans
- Cooking & Baking Preschool Lesson Plans
- Gingerbread Preschool Lesson Plans
- Ice & Snow Preschool Lesson Plans
Have a preschooler?
Subscribe to get my FREE Preschool Lesson Planning Guide!