This pack of number identification activities and counting games was designed with preschoolers, kindergarten and early first graders in mind featuring a Christmas holiday theme. Including numbers 0-20, these activities are more than matching and guessing. They are fun for kids and effective for teaching.
These Christmas Number Identification and Counting Activities will help preschoolers develop:
- number identification skills
- one to one correspondence
- number sequencing
- number order
All the activities include quantities up to 10, and some activities even extend to quantities of 20. With several variations of nearly all the activities, children get even more number sense practice in this Christmas themed printable pack.
Here’s what’s included:
This pack includes over 80 pages of printable Christmas counting activities.
- Christmas Number Identification Clip Cards – Students use clothes pins to select the correct number by counting and reading the number word on the card.
- Christmas Icons Number Identification Puzzles – With these basic puzzles students practice matching the numeral with the quantity and use the puzzle as a guideline for accuracy.
- Feed Santa Cookies Number Identification and Counting Game – Easily one of the most popular activities on my blog is now available in a fully printable version!
- Christmas Dot Counting Cards – What sets these cards apart is that the quantity of dots matches the numeral, reinforcing both counting and number identification skills.
- Christmas Number Identification Games – Students roll a dot dice (provided) and then move their marker to the next corresponding numeral on the game board.
- Christmas Ten Frame Matching – Count the number in the ten frames and then find the matching numeral.
- Christmas Presents Counting Playdough Mats – Count on a ten frame and the check work on your fingers, all using playdough on a mat.
- Ornament Counting Cards – Add buttons or pom poms to the ornaments to count and learn new numbers.
- Elf Number Sequencing Clip Cards – Use clothes pins or paper clips to identify the missing number in the sequence.
- Gingerbread Men Find the Missing Number – Count the gingerbread men and identify the missing number, then find the corresponding number on the number line.
- Christmas Tree Number Order Puzzles – Count the ornaments and then order the numbers 1-10.
- Hanging Stockings Number Formation Cards – Count the number of stockings and then trace the number.
Each activity features beautiful done, colorful and high-interest Christmas themed images, turning math activities into something every preschool looks forward to.
How to Use These Christmas Printable Activities
This Christmas learning pack can be used in so many ways. Try them in the following settings:
- printable preschool centers
- small group activities
- table top activities
- circle time
- whole class skills practice
- informal assessments
How to Add These to What You’re Already Teaching
Of course, number identification activities pair wonderfully with my Preschool Math Curriculum, as well as my Counting 0-20 Preschool Lesson Plans (which is part of the math lesson plans bundle). You can use these printable Christmas counting activities to supplement any preschool math curriculum, or you can spend the month of December mastering in on counting and number identification skills.
Not only will these activities help your preschooler learn to associate number identification with quantity, but your preschooler will also have such a positive experience in math because these games are fun!