This pack of apples and pumpkins themed preschool centers are just the printables needed to kick off a fantastic fall season! Including 12 new and creative printable activities, your preschooler will practice skills in all four components of early literacy and all five disciplines of math, while learning about apples and pumpkins theme!
THESE Apples and Pumpkins Themed Preschool Centers WILL HELP PRESCHOOLERS DEVELOP the following skills:
- phonological awareness
- phonemic awareness
- letter formation
As well as the following math skills:
- number sense
- data analysis and probability
This pack of printable centers features an apples and pumpkins theme. Activities teach about the many different aspects of apples orchards and pumpkin patches, including the apple life cycle, pumpkin parts vocabulary words, and so much more — all 12 hands-on printable preschool centers!
HERE’S WHAT’S INCLUDED:
This pack includes over 67 pages of printable apples and pumpkin themed preschool centers. Activities are as follows:
Apples and Pumpkins Literacy Activities
- Apple Picking Alphabet Letter Matching (Alphabet Knowledge) – Match the lower case letter on each apple picking letter card to the apple with the corresponding upper case letter.
- Pumpkin Life Cycle Word Tracing Words (Letter Formation) – Cut apart the tracing cards and place in a dry erase pouch. Use a dry erase marker to trace over each word.
- Apple Life Cycle Vocabulary Matching Cards (Print Awareness) – Print two copies and cut apart farm animal cards. Mix up the cards and match them. These can use used in a traditional memory game.
- Pumpkin Rhyming Cards (Phonemic Awareness) – Cut apart the pumpkin rhyming cards. Place one half in one pile and the other half in a second pile. Mix each individual pile. Match the rhyming cards.
- Apple Tree Beginning Sounds Matching (Phonological Awareness) – Cut apart the apple cards and place in a pile. Place the letter cards in a separate pile. Draw a letter card and place it on the mat. Add the corresponding beginning sound apples. (To simplify, place a select group of letters and matching beginning sounds and have your student work with only a few letters and sounds at once, rather than the entire alphabet).
- All Things Apples and Pumpkins Word Building (Phonemic Awareness) – Cut apart the word building cards. Use letter cards to spell out the word on each card. Alternatively, magnetic letter manipulatives can be used. Find matching letter manipulatives here: Magnetic Letter Manipulatives.
Apples and Pumpkins Math Activities
- Pumpkin Towers Counting Mats (Number Sense) – Draw a ten frame card. Find the corresponding pumpkin on the mat. Use snap cubes or blocks to build a tower and place it over the pumpkin. Repeat until all the pumpkin towers have been built.
- Apple Shapes Playdough Mats (Geometry) – Place shape mats in a dry erase pouch and press playdough on the shape to create the shape. Use playdough snakes to form the word.
- Apples and Pumpkins Pattern Cards (Algebra) – Cut apart the pattern cards. Use red, green, and yellow counters to copy and continue each pattern.
- Pumpkin Measurement Cards (Measurement) – Cut apart the pumpkin measurement cards. Use snap cubes to other non-standard unit of measurement to line up alone the line and determine the height of the pumpkins.
- Apple Picking Board Game (Data Analysis) – Players can begin on any spot on the board. Roll a die and move the game piece the corresponding number of spaces. Identify the color and add the same color counter to the game scorecard. The first player to fill an entire ten frame wins the game.
- Pumpkin 1 More, 1 Less Cards (Algebra) – Cut apart the cards. Use small manipulatives to cover the seeds on the card while reading the number sentence, counting the total. Then trace the number answer at the top of the card.
HOW TO USE THESE Apples and Pumpkins Printable Preschool Centers
These preschool activities are not limited to only centers. They can also be used in the following settings:
- printable preschool centers
- small group activities
- table top activities
- sensory table activities
- quick circle time activities
- whole class skills practice
- informal assessments
HOW TO ADD THESE TO WHAT YOU’RE ALREADY TEACHING
Of course, these thematic activities pair wonderfully with my Complete Preschool Curriculum because they target the same skills. With the thoughtful design of the daily lesson plans included in my curriculum, you will know exactly which apples and pumpkins centers to pull out during the theme. Together, they make the perfect team for a well-rounded, engaging theme based curriculum.