This pack of hibernation themed preschool centers are just the printables needed to wrap up a fantastic fall season in your literacy-rich and math-dense classroom. Including 12 new and creative printable activities, your preschooler will practice skills in all four components of early literacy and all five disciplines of math, while learning about hibernating animals and the homes they sleep in over the winter season!
THESE Hibernation Themed Preschool Centers WILL HELP PRESCHOOLERS DEVELOP the following skills:
- phonological awareness
- phonemic awareness
- letter formation
And the following Math skills:
- number sense
- data analysis and probability
This pack of printable centers features warm and cozy hibernation theme. Activities teach about the many different aspects of hibernation, including how animals prepare for the winter, what their homes look like, and the foods they eat, and more — all 12 hands-on printable preschool centers!
And with so many early learning concepts included, these preschool centers will reach a wide range of skill sets in your classroom.
HERE’S WHAT’S INCLUDED:
This pack includes over 67 pages of printable hibernation theme preschool centers. Activities are as follows:
Hibernation Literacy Activities
- Bear and Cave Alphabet Letter Matching (Alphabet Knowledge) – Match the lower case letter on each cave letter card to the bear with the corresponding upper case letter.
- Hibernation Animals Word Tracing Words (Letter Formation) – Cut apart the tracing cards and place in a dry erase pouch. Use a dry erase marker to trace over each word.
- Hibernating Homes Word Counting Mats (Phonological Awareness) – Cut apart the word counting mat and read the sentence. Count the number of words in each sentence.
- Home and Animal Vocabulary Matching Cards (Print Awareness) – Cut apart the vocabulary cards and the smaller picture cards. Match the pictures to the corresponding card.
- Hibernation Animal Beginning Sound Clip Cards (Phonological Awareness) – Cut apart the cards. Identify the first picture on the card and its beginning sound. Find the corresponding beginning sound on the card and place a manipulative over it, or use a clothes pin to mark it.
- Homes and Animals Word Building (Phonemic Awareness) – Cut apart the word building cards. Use letter cards to spell out the word on each card. Alternatively, magnetic letter manipulatives can be used. Find matching letter manipulatives here: Magnetic Letter Manipulatives
Hibernation Themed Math Activities
- Hibernation building Numbers Mats (Number Sense) – Identify the number on the mat and read the written form. Then find the corresponding cards to add to the mat..
- Animal Homes Shape Matching Cards (Geometry) – Identify the shape in gray on the animal homes card and then find the corresponding shape card in color and place it on the animal home card.
- Leave & Acorns Vertical Patterning Cards (Algebra) – Cut apart the pattern cards. Use the provided leaf and acorn cards to finish each vertical pattern.
- Hibernating Bats Measurement Cards (Measurement) – Cut apart the bat measurement cards. Use snap cubes to other non-standard unit of measurement to line up alone the line and determine the height of the hanging bats.
- Hibernating Bees Race to the Top (Data Analysis) – Cut apart and assemble the dice. Roll the dice and find the corresponding bee on the Race to the Top Mat. Add a counter in the graph. Continue until one of the columns has reached the top (ten).
- Pond Hibernation Roll & Add Mats (Algebra) – Cut apart and assemble the dice. Role each dice and place them in the orange squares on the mat. Count out the corresponding numbers (for each die) on the ten frame. Then, count the total number on the ten frame.
HOW TO USE THESE Hibernation and Animal Home Printable Preschool Centers
These preschool activities are not limited to only centers. They can also be used in the following settings:
- printable preschool centers
- small group activities
- table top activities
- sensory table activities
- quick circle time activities
- whole class skills practice
- informal assessments
HOW TO ADD THESE TO WHAT YOU’RE ALREADY TEACHING
Of course, these thematic activities pair wonderfully with my Complete Preschool Curriculum because they target the same skills. With the thoughtful design of the daily lesson plans included in my curriculum, you will know exactly which hibernation centers to pull out during the theme. Together, they make the perfect team for a well-rounded, engaging theme based curriculum.