This pack of fall themed preschool centers are just the printables needed to make your fall season in preschool warm and cozy in your literacy rich classroom. Including 12 new and creative printable activities, your preschooler will practice skills in all four components of early literacy and the five disciplines of math, while enjoying all the cozy aspects of fall — like gooey pastries, oversized sweaters, pink pumpkins, piles of blankets and more!
THESE Fall Themed Preschool Centers WILL HELP PRESCHOOLERS DEVELOP the following literacy skills:
- phonological awareness
- phonemic awareness
- letter formation
And the following math skills:
- number sense
- data analysis and probability
This pack of printable centers features warm and cozy autumn theme. Activities teach about the many different aspects of the warm and cozy autumn season — like fragrant candles, warm drinks, fuzzy blankets, gooey pastries, plaid ribbons and more — all 12 hands-on printable preschool centers!
And with so many early learning concepts included, these preschool centers will reach a wide range of skill sets in your classroom.
HERE’S WHAT’S INCLUDED:
This pack includes over 75 pages of printable fall theme preschool centers. Activities are as follows:
Fall Literacy Activities
- Autumn Wreaths Letter Matching (Alphabet Knowledge) – Match the lower case letter on each autumn wreath letter card to the corresponding upper case letter.
- Cozy Autumn Word Tracing Cards (Letter Formation) – Cut apart the tracing cards and place in a dry erase pouch. Use a dry erase marker to trace over each word.
- Cozy Autumn Vocabulary Cards (Print Awareness) – Print two copies and cut apart one set of cards. Mix up the cards and match them to the copy that hasn’t been cut. These cards can be used in multiple ways. They are sized to place in a cube for roll and matching games. They can be used in memory games and search the room games.
- Autumn Icons Syllable Counting (Phonological Awareness) – Cut apart the syllable cards and the syllable jars. Mix up the syllable cards. Select a syllable card and name the picture on it. Count the syllables in the word and place if on the corresponding jar mat.
- Signs of Autumn Beginning Sound Mats (Phonemic Awareness) – Cut apart the beginning sound cards and place in a pile. Place the letter cards in a separate pile. Draw a letter card and place it on the mat. Add the corresponding beginning sound cards. (To simplify, place a select group of letters and matching beginning sounds and have your student work with only a few letters and sounds at once, rather than the entire alphabet).
- Cozy Autumn Word Building (Phonemic Awareness) – Cut apart the word building cards. Use letter cards to spell out the word on each card. Alternatively, magnetic letter manipulatives can be used. Find matching letter manipulatives here: Magnetic Letter Manipulatives
Fall Math Activities
- Snuggling Mice Counting Cards (Number Sense) – Select a counting card. Identify the number on the card and count the mice. Use a small manipulative, like gray buttons, to place over each mouse as it is counted. Then transfer the mice to the blanket and count again.
- Autumn Shape Matching Trees (Geometry) – Cut apart the shape cards, mis up, and place in a pile. Select a larger shape card (without the leaves) and place on the tree mat. Then, find all the corresponding shape cards to put on the tree.
- Warm, Cozy Drink Sorting (Algebra) – Cut apart the warm drink cards and the dice. Assemble the die. Roll the die and place a brown button (or chocolate chip) on the corresponding card.
- Pumpkin Size Sorting & Matching (Measurement) – Cut apart the pumpkin size sequencing strips. Cut apart the pumpkin size cards, mix up, and place in a pile. Select a pumpkin size sequencing strip and find the corresponding pumpkins to place on the strip, in order.
- Cozy Autumn Count & Graph (Data Analysis) – Count each icon on the left side of the mat and then graph the corresponding number. For younger preschoolers, choose an icon to search for and place a button over each one, then transfer the buttons to the graph.
- Autumn Wreath Addition Mat (Algebra) – Cut apart the flower cards, and the addition cards. The flower cards are sized to use a 2 inch circle punch. Place an addition card in the square in the center of the wreath, and then use the flower cards to create the addition sentence. Alternatively, for younger preschoolers, place a number card in the square and then use the flower cards to create the quantity.
HOW TO USE THESE Cozy Fall Printable Preschool Centers
These preschool activities are not limited to only centers. They can also be used in the following settings:
- printable preschool centers
- small group activities
- table top activities
- sensory table activities
- quick circle time activities
- whole class skills practice
- informal assessments
HOW TO ADD THESE TO WHAT YOU’RE ALREADY TEACHING
Of course, these thematic activities pair wonderfully with my Complete Preschool Curriculum because they target the same skills. With the thoughtful design of the daily lesson plans included in my curriculum, you will know exactly which autumn centers to pull out during the theme. Together, they make the perfect team for a well-rounded, engaging theme based curriculum.