These Insect Emergent Readers are designed to expose preschoolers to all the most important beginning reading skills. They will build familiarity and confidence through interactive texts. These books are perfect for shared reading with an adult and/or guided reading.
THESE INSECT EMERGENT READERS WILL HELP PRESCHOOLERS DEVELOP THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Left to right progression
- Under sweep
- Capital and lowercase letter differentiation
- Noticing spaces between letters
- Concept of a word
- Context cues
- Sight words development
Printable emergent readers are a fantastic way for young children to learn these very important early literacy skills.
This pack of printable emergent readers feature an insect theme. Each reader teaches about different insects, including insect colors, counting, and addition skills — all in a pre-reader! They are even interactive! And with so many early learning concepts included, these preschool centers will reach a wide range of skill sets in your classroom.
HERE’S WHAT’S INCLUDED:
This pack includes 36 pages of printable insect themed emergent readers — a total of three printable readers. Readers are as follows:
- Lots of Insects — Preschoolers learn about ten different insects and practice counting them on each page. Then they practice tracing the numeral and number word.
- Colorful Butterflies — Preschoolers learn that butterflies come in all colors of the rainbow. This booklet identifies each rainbow color, as well as pink and brown. Preschoolers can also trace the color word on each page.
- Adding Fruit — Preschoolers practice basic addition and composing ten skills with this emergent reader.
HOW TO USE THESE FOOD & NUTRITION EMERGENT READERS
These insect emergent readers can be used in the following settings:
- printable preschool centers
- small group activities
- one-on-one activities
- circle time activities
- whole class skills practice
- informal assessments
HOW TO ADD THESE TO WHAT YOU’RE ALREADY TEACHING
Of course, these thematic activities pair wonderfully with my Complete Preschool Curriculum because they target the same skills. With the thoughtful design of the daily lesson plans included in my curriculum, you will know exactly which food and nutrition centers to pull out during the theme. Together, they make the perfect team for a well-rounded, engaging theme based curriculum.
THIS IS A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD AND THEREFOR NO REFUND WILL BE OFFERED.
I’m Sarah, an educator turned stay-at-home-mama of five! I’m the owner and creator of Stay At Home Educator, a website about intentional teaching and purposeful learning in the early childhood years. I’ve taught a range of levels, from preschool to college and a little bit of everything in between. Right now my focus is teaching my children and running a preschool from my home. Credentials include: Bachelors in Art, Masters in Curriculum and Instruction.