These Spring Emergent Readers are designed to expose preschoolers to all the most important early literacy skills and in a fun and engaging way. They will build familiarity and confidence through interactive texts. These books are perfect for shared reading with an adult and/or guided reading.
THESE SPRING EMERGENT READERS WILL HELP PRESCHOOLERS DEVELOP THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Concept of a word
- Context cues
- Sight words development
- Left to right progression
- Under sweep
- Capital and lowercase letter differentiation
- Noticing spaces between letters
Printable emergent readers are a fantastic way for young children to learn these very important pre-reading skills.
This pack of printable emergent readers feature a spring theme. Each reader teaches about the different aspects of spring, including growing plants, new birds migrating back north, rainbows and more — all in a pre-reader! They are even interactive! And with so many early learning concepts included, these preschool centers will reach a wide range of skill sets in your classroom.
HERE’S WHAT’S INCLUDED:
This pack includes 36 pages of printable spring themed emergent readers — a total of three printable readers. Readers are as follows:
- What I See in the Spring — Preschoolers learn about what the weather is like in the spring as well as how inviting spring is with arrival of baby animals and insects coming out of hibernation.
- I Can Count Flowers — Preschoolers learn number identification and one-to-one correspondence skills as they practice counting flowers. They also get to practice number formation and word tracing skills in these emergent readers.
- How Seeds Grow Into Flowers — Preschoolers learn the process of how a plant grows in this science based emergent reader.
HOW TO USE THESE SPRING EMERGENT READERS
These spring emergent readers can be used in the following settings:
- printable preschool centers
- small group activities
- one-on-one activities
- circle time activities
- whole class skills practice
- informal assessments
HOW TO ADD THESE TO WHAT YOU’RE ALREADY TEACHING
Of course, these thematic activities pair wonderfully with my Complete Preschool Curriculum because they target the same skills. With the thoughtful design of the daily lesson plans included in my curriculum, you will know exactly which food and nutrition centers to pull out during the theme. Together, they make the perfect team for a well-rounded, engaging theme based curriculum.
THIS IS A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD AND THEREFOR NO REFUND WILL BE OFFERED.
I’m Sarah, an educator turned stay-at-home-mama of five! I’m the owner and creator of Stay At Home Educator, a website about intentional teaching and purposeful learning in the early childhood years. I’ve taught a range of levels, from preschool to college and a little bit of everything in between. Right now my focus is teaching my children and running a preschool from my home. Credentials include: Bachelors in Art, Masters in Curriculum and Instruction.