These Food & Nutrition Emergent Readers are designed to expose preschoolers to beginning reading skills. They will build familiarity and confidence through interactive, repetitive texts. These books are perfect for shared reading with an adult and/or guided reading.
THESE FOOD & NUTRITION EMERGENT READERS WILL HELP PRESCHOOLERS DEVELOP THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Left to right progression
- Under sweep
- Capital and lowercase letter differentiation
- Noticing spaces between letters
- Concept of a word
- Context cues
- Sight words development
Printable emergent readers are a fantastic way for young children to learn these very important early literacy skills.
This pack of printable emergent readers feature a food and nutrition theme. Each reader teaches about different food groups and healthy eating. They are even interactive! And with so many early learning concepts included, these preschool centers will reach a wide range of skill sets in your classroom.
HERE’S WHAT’S INCLUDED:
This pack includes 33 pages of printable food and nutrition emergent readers — a total of three printable readers. Readers are as follows:
- I Can Eat the Rainbow — Preschoolers learn color names and words by coloring a fruit or vegetable in each color of the rainbow. Then they practice tracing the color and food word.
- All My Food Groups — Preschoolers learn about the different food groups. This booklet identifies food for each of the five food groups.
- Counting Fruit — Preschoolers practice basic addition and composing ten skills with this emergent reader.
HOW TO USE THESE FOOD & NUTRITION EMERGENT READERS
These food and nutrition emergent readers can be used in the following settings:
- printable preschool centers
- small group activities
- one-on-one activities
- circle time activities
- whole class skills practice
- informal assessments
HOW TO ADD THESE TO WHAT YOU’RE ALREADY TEACHING
Of course, these thematic activities pair wonderfully with my Complete Preschool Curriculum because they target the same skills. With the thoughtful design of the daily lesson plans included in my curriculum, you will know exactly which food and nutrition centers to pull out during the theme. Together, they make the perfect team for a well-rounded, engaging theme based curriculum.
THIS IS A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD AND THEREFOR NO REFUND WILL BE OFFERED.
I’m Sarah, an educator turned stay-at-home-mama of five! I’m the owner and creator of Stay At Home Educator, a website about intentional teaching and purposeful learning in the early childhood years. I’ve taught a range of levels, from preschool to college and a little bit of everything in between. Right now my focus is teaching my children and running a preschool from my home. Credentials include: Bachelors in Art, Masters in Curriculum and Instruction.