This pack of five number identification activities and counting games was designed with preschoolers, kindergarten and first graders in mind. Featuring numbers 0-20, these activities are more than matching and guessing.
Here’s what’s included:
- Fishie Friends Number Identification and Counting Cards – Students use clothes pins to select the correct number by counting and reading the number word on the card.
- Visitors From Space Number Identification Puzzles – With these basic puzzles students practice matching the numeral with the quantity and use the puzzle as a guideline for accuracy.
- Don’t Feed the Raccoon Number Identification and Counting Game – Easily one of the most popular activities on my blog is now available in a fully printable version! (Read more about it in this blog post!)
- Dot Counting Cards – What sets these cards apart is that the quantity of dots matches the numeral, reinforcing both counting and number identification skills and the relationship between the two. (Read more about them in this blog post!)
- Spacey Number Identification Board Games – Students roll a dot dice (provided) and then move their marker to the next corresponding numeral on the game board.
Of course, number identification activities are wonderfully with my preschool math lesson plans bundle, as well as my counting bundle (which is part of the math lesson plans bundle). Not only will these activities help your preschooler learn to associate number identification with quantity, but your preschooler will also have such a positive experience in math because these games are fun!