Mary Catherine at Fun-A-Day! has nominated me for the Liebster Award, which is a way to recognize beginning bloggers! As I’ve been at this for about nine months, it always makes me feel like a total rock star when a fellow blogger thinks of me! Thank you, Mary Catherine, for the nomination.
To receive this award, you must complete the following four steps:
- List 11 things about yourself.
- Answer your nominator’s 11 questions.
- Choose up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and ask them your questions.
- Inform your nominees of their award nominations.
Eleven Things About Me
- I can’t fall asleep at night without reading a few pages from a novel.
- I love, love, love sushi.
- I do Krav Maga. Check it out on Youtube, then find a gym near you.
- I used to throw pottery and would love to have my own wheel and kiln.
- I am a bit of a neat freak. My friends tease me for how clean my fridge is (and everything else in my house).
- I hate back massages…way too ticklish for that!
- Hugs relax me, but only when I’m angry.
- My left shoulder tells me when the a storm is coming. I tore my rotator cuff a few years back while mountain biking.
- If money were of no concern I’m fairly certain I’d be a fabric hoarder. I’d buy fun prints and cool colors with little intention of using them.
- The summer before graduate school my husband and I put everything we own into storage and spent our savings touring Europe for the summer. We came back with less than $500, no home, and no job…(luckily things worked out in a matter of weeks!)
- To me, there is no such thing as a dessert too rich. Bring the goodness on!
Questions from Mary Catherine
- Why did you decide to start blogging? I began blogging for two reasons. First, to keep a record of my time at home teaching my young children. Second, to keep up on the latest educational research and share that research, and activities supported by it, with other stay at home moms.
- Coffee or tea? Neither, really. Milk for me, ha, ha! But I do sometimes drink red or herbal tea.
- If time and money were of no object, where would you go on your next vacation? The more appropriate question is where wouldn’t I go? I’d love to go back to Europe. I want to bike Eastern Europe and also Southeast Asia. I want to see the Grand Canyon and go back to D.C. But, if I had only one trip left…Machu Picchu all the way! I’d definitely do the four day hike, though, no lifts for me!
- Any pets at home, if so how many? We have one calico cat named Klaus. He’s the captain of our family’s B team.
- Favorite book? Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. I’ve read four different abridged versions and got teary eyed when I saw the original manuscripts in Paris. I have yet to attempt the 1,488 pages of the unabridged version.
- Pet peeves? Ironic as it is, given that I have kids and a husband, it drives me crazy when people don’t pick up after themselves and put things away in the proper order. I need a label maker.
- What do you like best about blogging? I like reading the latest in educational research and writing up those posts. Weird…it’s just like when I was in college!
- Favorite recipe? My dad’s cloud biscuits will change the way you eat Sunday dinner.
- What was your favorite toy as a kid? I mostly tagged along with whatever my brothers were doing, but I also loved drawing.
- Strawberry or grape jam? Strawberry.
- Favorite season and why? I love autumn. I love crisp cool mornings and warm sunny afternoons. I love the vibrant colors and the additional layers of clothing.
My nominees are as follows:
Questions for My Nominees
- Why did you begin blogging?
- How long does it usually take you to write a post?
- What are your hobbies?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- If you could travel any one place in the world, where would you visit?
- Briefly, what does your typical day look like?
- What websites do you visit every single day?
- Can you recommend a movie to me?
- How many E-mail accounts do you have?
- Pie or cake?
- What inspires your blog posts?
Thanks, again, Mary Catherine for the nomination! It’s always so encouraging to hear about others enjoying my blog.
I am Sarah, an educator turned stay-at-home mama of five! I am the owner and creator of Stay At Home Educator, a website about intentional teaching and purposeful learning in the early childhood years. I’ve taught range of levels, including preschool and college, and a little bit of just about everything in between. Right now, my focus is teaching my children and running a preschool from my home. Credentials include: Bachelors in Art, Masters in Curriculum and Instruction